After getting community input at our General Membership meeting last summer, DTLA Strong is considering the following goals for our 2020 year-long initiative. What do you think? Sign up to become a member of DTLA Strong to help us to decide our initiative at the next general membership meeting on June 10th (RSVP in the Events tab).
DTLA Strong will commit to one of the following initiatives at our General Membership Meeting on June 10th:
- Slow Streets Initiative- Organizing around an effort to temporarily close down certain streets in DTLA to allow for socially distant outdoor restaurant dining and public open space for pedestrians.
- More sanitation resources to address illegal dumping on sidewalks and public spaces
- Push the City's motion to get the State to audit the Lanterman Act to create easier provision of mental health services. Petition for changes to policy at City and County level for 5150 holds
- Passage of the DTLA 2040 Community Plan
- Increased funding for bi-weekly street cleaning in DTLA
- Create a continuous protected bike path on 7th Street between the Downtown core and the Arts District
- Advocate for an "inclusionary zoning" policy that requires a percentage of affordable units in all new development projects in DTLA
- Increase Census participation in DTLA
Do you like this page?